Changes and always went for the good and when it comes to the guarantee of safety these are best to do at the required time. Even if changing your door locks is a guarantee for better safety and environment to live in. The process is a simple form and reports just a few minutes to be completed with the help of suitable tools and equipment that are required for the completion of the task. In this article, we are going to talk about the steps involved in the procedure of changing door locks that can be done on your own without taking any kind of help from the Handyman Services Dubai. These steps will allow you to change the door lock on your own.
Door Lock removal
- You have to pay attention towards the brand lock you already have. This information is most commonly printed on the last of the lock but also can be looked upon at the key.
- Getting to know about the brand Lock already used in your door will help you by one of the same brands. This will help you in changing the lock without making any further notifications to the door.
- Next, you’re required to measure the correct size of your doorknob. Most commonly the back and front lock sets of the door will have somewhat larger size than the interior locksets.
- You have to remove the interior door of the door is possible for the ease of the task. If you are having any kind of trouble with the processes involved in the steps you can always consider taking help from the handyman Dubai.
- There is an interior decorative cover provided for the protection of the lock you are required to remove it as well.
- You need to disassemble the different sections of the lock by unscrewing the screws that are provided interiorly.
- Also, make sure to remove the latch assembly or the door.
- You are required to disassemble the deadbolt lock of the door lock. This can be done by unscrewing the two screws provided on the exterior.
- You can use the Allen wrench to remove the deadbolt interior screws.
- If you are unable to remove the screws with the help of elephant try it out by the drill. Also, you can always ask for the hell from the handyman services Dubai.
- After the deadbolt is removed you need to unscrew the Philips head screws this will help you remove the deadbolt.
- You are required to load at orient the new deadlock on the door side.
- This process should be done by lining up the update of both the exterior and interior cylinders of the lock into the controller of the deadbolt.
- You are required to screw the screws available on the interior side of the door.
- Text, at last, you will have to check and test if the deadbolt is able to perform the job it is meant for.
Source: Locksmith Woden